Sunday's List of 13: My ever-changing list of Life's Basic Truths
We always hear how teams go back to basics when things aren't good; in my life, I keep a list with me at all times, with reminders about things I've considered to be important over the years. This isn't a complete list (I've got to keep some hole cards secret......lol) but here are some of them
13) Time is more precious than money. Most people aren't going to run out of money; eventually, everyone will run out of time.
12) Everyone is more attractive when they're smiling.
11) Doing things you love keeps you younger.
10) Always do/be your best; you never know who is watching. If you're prepared when opportunity knocks, great things can happen.
9) Doing the difficult things first actually makes life easier.
8) Its almost impossible to learn when you're talking; want to get smarter? Then shut up for a few minutes and listen. You have 2 ears and 1 mouth. Listen twice as long as you speak. :2thumbs:
7) Always give yourself options; put yourself in a position to succeed. If you pursue your passions, it'll keep you invested, and it makes getting up in the morning a whole hell of a lot easier.
6) Learn from your successes and failures; take notes on what happened and why you think it happened. Scenarios repeat themselves.
5) Respect is earned, not given. Nothing worthwhile is free.
4) Its rarely a bad idea to think before you speak.
3) Karma's a bitch; do the right thing, especially if nobody's watching.
2) It doesn't cost anything extra to be nice, but never let people mistake kindness for weakness. Always stand up for yourself.
1) As Robin Williams said to Matt Damon in the classic movie Good Will Hunting: "Follow your heart, son. You'll do fine."