Not really a hello but...
Just wanted to wish everyone a merry christmas! ( all paid for by MB of course )
Heres to another year of it :-)
you as well triplea - don't think my Mbing is quite up to paying for christmas but maybe next year
Very impressed with this forum, very friendly compared to some others and I've gleaned a load of info. I'm due to start my MB escapades tomorrow but have spent the last few weeks setting up the tools required and reading many many posts to get a full understanding of what is involved and to put a plan together so I do not deviate.
I will once a bit of money has built up pay my dues for Premium Membership however in the meantime, being a techie, I thought I'd return a couple of tips which most of you are probably already aware of but might help someone.
Find out about free bet offers via Google Alerts
1. Visit - Google Alerts - Monitor the Web for interesting new content
2. Search Term - "free bets" OR "free bet" OR "free sportsbook bets" OR "free sportsbook bet", this is what I have put in (including the quotes) but I'm sure some of you knowing the market better will come up some more effective search strings.
3. Type - Everything
4. Volume - Only the best results
5. Your email - Obvious
I've setup a seperate Gmail account for my MB activities, inparticular because of it's spam management and inbox management using labels, below is an example of how to manage the above Google alerts.
1. In your Gmail account select Labels then Manage Labels then In create a new label box type Free bet alerts, you should see it appear in the lefthand side under the Inbox.
2. To the right of the Search the Web button up top, click create a filter, in the From box type Google alerts, click the Next Step button, on the next page select the tick box labeled Skip the InBox (Archive it) then 3 tick boxes below select Apply the label ensuring in the dropdown box next to it you have selected the Free bet alerts label created above.
As alerts from Google come in they will be moved from your inbox and appear in the label section on the lefthand side automatically to be dealt with when your free but keeping your inbox clean. This technique can be used to manage bookie emails, etc. and quite handy when you have a large amount of accounts all over the place.
Belt and braces in case Gmail has a problem so how can you backup Gmail, a couple of options free of charge are as follows.
1. Backup to Amazons S3 cloud, Secure Online Backup and Archiving for Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, and Wordpress | Backupify and signup for a free account, untilt he end of Jan it's free and there doesn't appear to be any restrictions, once logged in there an easy interface where to select you gmail account for backing up.
2. Open a hotmail account, under option, more options, click Sending/receiving email from other accounts, next page Add an email account, then enter your Gmail details. All existing and new emails to your Gmail account will also be copied over to the Hotmail account.
Shout if anything is not clear and many thanks all posters for the information I've learnt so far.
Thanks for that and welcome to the forum brownie. You might want to have a look at this as well:
if you've gone to the trouble of setting up a new Gmail account then you might want to consider creating unique usernames/passwords for every new book you start at which will make things more secure.
As always the threads tagged below are very useful too:
The Gambling Times - Threads Tagged with beginner
The Gambling Times - Threads Tagged with guide
Hi, I thought I'd check out the forums. My name's James and I live in Sheffield and have been matched betting for a few weeks now so just still starting out really. Did my first one in Sep/Oct and did a few but became quite busy and had a break but now it's the new year I'm back on it and ready to get into it properly!
Not made any serious mistakes so far but the odd slip up that has meant I haven't got the maximum I could out of a bonus, for example forgetting about the limit on betfair and the 7 day wait to change it!
Anyway, hi, hope to get involved in some good betting discussion with you all soon!
Hello James, goodluck.
Originally Posted by hoithere
Have a plan and stick to it
Hi James, good luck to you mate, your in the right place this forum will help a lot
One day you have it........Next it's AllGone
Well I been over on MSE for just over 3 years. Sure I had a user here to but can not remember the username and it don't register so I may have only browsed over when the board first started.
Anyway, heading over to pay my dues for Premium and see what its all about.
So a hello from me.
I am using a different username here to MSE as i always was too traceable on MSE.
Looking forward to continuing to make some more money.
Everyone knows we all need it at the moment
Nice to see new members and lovely when they say hello..
Good luck making loads of freeeeeee money!
Hi I'm Jenny & I'm living in Coventry. I just did my first matched bet yesterday after signing up to Bet Chronicle via this site. Got started using the guides on MSE, but will be having a look around the forum here now, to see what else I can find out as it seems there is a lot to learn...
Tags for this Thread