Who Am I? - Quiz Thread
As a bit of fun, I thought we could have a quiz thread. The idea is that I give you seven clues to a current or former sportsperson (related to the sports we generally bet on) and you guess who it is. If no-one has guessed correctly from the first seven clues after a couple of days, I will add an extra three clues which should make it a bit easier. If no-one has the answer after all ten clues, I will leave you in suspense forever MWUAHAHAHA (or maybe I'll tell you).
Who am I? #1
1. I am 43 years old.
2. I played professional football for teams in five different countries and for three different English sides.
3. I was the childhood hero of a famous Manchester Utd #10.
4. In 1991, I won my country's "player of the year" award.
5. I made zero appearances for the side I was club contracted to at the time of my retirement in 2001.
6. I am now an assistant coach for a division 2 side in the country I represented at international level.
7. Although I retired in 2001, in 2008 I turned out once for the reserve team of the club I coach at.
*** Who Am I? #2 is now open for guesses, see post #21 ***
Gus Poyet ???
Wrong, just googled him and wrong on every clue I think, thought he played for reserves at leeds.
It's good but it's not right.
I thought it was Eric Cantona at first. He's about the right age, but I think he's doing beach soccer now, isn't he?
Had no idea he went into beach football, just thought he was doing the cinema stuff! Yeah, not him though
Originally Posted by RudolphUcker
I'd hazard a guess that he played starting around 1984, so the famous Man Utd number 10's age was probably just in double figures or early by probably 1988-1990 (presumably to be the childhood hero he'd have been playing a few years). So perhaps the Man United #10 was playing by around 1995. So who has had the Man United #10 shirt in the last 14 years?
Arghhh, must....resist...urge...to google.....
The fact he was a hero of a Man Utd No.10 means he is surely an attacking player and probably a centre forward. But one that played for three teams and was that good? Jeebus. It's a toughy.
Can't believe a mod would cheat like that! Shame on you Munk! Next clues please
Maybe that's why it has stumped us up to now! Who do you support MB? I'm not going to google it as I might not even know if I stumble upon the correct answer.
Originally Posted by munk
Tags for this Thread