My little diary...
First of all, am I allowed to post my diary in here? I thought it would be a good idea for people to see, and I can get new and experienced people reading this diary, the new people would learn, and the experienced ones could guide me through the dark spots of bookies adventure
I am really glad to have found TGT and give my applause to Fender who referred me here. I give my thanks to all members of TGT who are very helpful and nice people and I give my thanks to the admins, moderators for their amazing support.
My objective is to do all possible offers to get to my goal. I am currently pursuing a doctoral degree in south-indian medicine, and I am very excited about it. My objective is to get about 10K gbp by the end of the year.
I realized the need to do this because I encountered a few problems..
The first thing I realized is that I'm probably trying to be too perfect, which is taking a lot of my time, although I have it.
Perfect in the sense, trying to dutch bookmakers's offers against each other, trying to use arbs in matching new SUBS, freebets, etc... basically trying to combine many things together to save some $$ and time... although I'm not sure anymore if I have really saved that much time =)
My next post will give a summary of my first 72 hours.
First 72 hours review: 25-27.03.2011
There was much work involved because I had done a few bookmakers about 5 years ago when I was working on a few casino offers.
There were a few old accounts which I managed to recover, surprisingly I had money sitting for 5 years at 0% interest at two bookies: 5gbp in my old bet365 account and 8gbp in the old stanjames account
old accounts that I recovered: totesport, bet365 and stanjames
I am 100% sure I had a ladbrokes account back in 2007.. but when I called support, they did a thorough search and did not find any of my details... just to be sure I recorded the conversation as my insurance policy ; )
that is great news for ladbrokes because I can take advantage of their 200gbp casino SUB and also 60 SUB at the sports.
but the sour news came to me after I worked hard to read offers and signed up to many bookies only to find out I was not qualified for the SUB's or Freebets - only given to Uk and Ireland residents: vernons(non-UK credit card not accepted !? lol), bluesq, unibet, 888sport, bwin, titanbet.
Results - First 72 hours - all amounts in £'s
betclic: +23.75 sub
bet-at-home: +86 sub +26 arb
Summary and Totals
starting float: +1415 [british pounds]
bookies joined (old and new): 18 (includes betfair, betdaq)
Half of the 16 non-market Sportsbooks I joined gave me a hard time and refused to give me any SUB
vernons, bluesq, unibet, 888sport, bwin, titanbet, tipico, sportingbet.COM RAF, sportingbet.pl SUB (130gbp bonus refused - MB deposit excluded in their terms, my mistake)
Lessons learned so far [ I credit riskofruin for the idea ]
1a) It's probably better NOT to search for arbs on SUBS, Freebets =) too much waste of time.
1b) Combining arbs with SUB's is probably not a good idea, trying to do TWO things at once seems to me not very efficient. My suggestion is to either do arbs alone, or SUB's alone by matched betting, unless you can find arbs easily.
The problem with arbs-SUBs combination is that you will find lot of arbs out there but very few will match the bookie you're looking for, and some arbs won't work because the arb has a low odds and that would be against the minimum odds requirements in most bookies' terms.
On the flip side, higher odds on one side of an arb require a large sum on the other side, which means if you have a SUB of 25gbp+ which you are trying to match, the arb might require a fairly large float, which especially for people starting like me, is simply not feasable.
2. Trying to get anything above 80% for profit out of a Freebet is a time waster.... I don't really know where to look for a better deal.. pls advise if possible.
3. The oddschecker site is nice to compare odds, but lot of time wasted to switch between markets... anybody has tricks on saving time on this?
4. Freebets are hard to match! Someone in the chat mentioned they put the oddschecker window next to the geek's toy [AGT,betfair user-friendly application] and compare quickly trying to get a good match for the freebet.
Someone else mentioned it would be good to look for horse races during the morning/day to find goot matches... that sounds good but how does it look like practically? I suppose oddschecker versus AGT manual scans do the trick?
5. Smarkets looks like a great deal, but does not appear on odds-checking sites. That would make it really hard to find matches. Those that use Smarkets currently, how do you even find matches/arbs? You must be wasting a lot of time?
6. I should probably take a 1/2 day break, i signed up at 15 different bookies, betfair,betdaq and was thinking of smarkets too... all this in less than 72 hours... and i was doing arbs/dutches/matched betting... my head is spinning from all this...
7. Writing an email to support in account-related issues generally gets things done quicker. Surprisingly calling support lines has given little results to resolve issues, except when I called SJ which has an excellent CS, and asked them to place my bet over the telephone, which they did, because they would not let me bet above a certain limit online.
My experience with email support has been very positive so far, phone support so-so.
8. I give Bet-At-Home CS a big minus. They don't read emails carefully and answer you only part of your problem.
Same goes for 888.com and its sister sites (888sports, etc) (it took me 3 weeks and dozens of emails and phone calls to get a refund for a technical error)
1a) I almost made a mistake because I dutched a Euro account against a Gbp account, but then I remembered and did the correction. Mind you I did not jump in without proper knowledge, I took about a month reading, collecting bookmarks, setting up a spreadsheet and asking questions - before starting..
It's probably a little bit too much action at once for a noob.. what do you think..
1b) Signed up at William Hill and BET-AT-HOME in euros only to realize it was a mistake because my MB account is in british pounds. I probably lost about 15gbp due to conversion rates back and forth.
BAH is giving me a really hard time to get a gbp account. After 3 emails to support, they closed my EUR account but I'm still waiting to get the GBP account because I can't create one myself! That's because when I logged in to my closed account I noticed a message saying the account was "locked". Did they mistakingly lock it instead of closing or are they really that cheap on website programming? =)
William Hill was really nice and told me all I need to do is withdrawal and come on Live chat and they will cancel my account manually, then all I would need to do is sign up again in GBP.
My old SJ account was in canadian $ but they also noticed I had another account in GBP .. but their CS is really amazing, they just transfered the existing funds to my GBP account with a SJ exchange rate (that's nice) and closed the other one, all through live chat.
2. deposited through MB at sportingbet.pl and got the SUB refused, I should have read it in their terms... no SUB's for MB deposits
Good luck with the mbing adventure Mark!
The way I do it is, if there's a close match with bf, then it will be even better at smarkets with the 1% commission...
5. Smarkets looks like a great deal, but does not appear on odds-checking sites. That would make it really hard to find matches. Those that use Smarkets currently, how do you even find matches/arbs? You must be wasting a lot of time
Good luck with this mate,its a nice idea.Also hope hills go well today let us know how you get on.
I've only been doing this a couple of months but my advice is don't rush. Rushing leads to mistakes and losses!
Have fun grabbing the free money
I followed LFC81Eoin's advice and although I did not receive a bonus for one of the bookies because of UK/Ireland's restrictions, I tried his approach by emailing about it.
So I mailed them to ask if there was any bonus available for me because I "clicked through a link and didn't get one " but without giving them details... so they replied and said that they don't have my account tracked to any link, so they asked to hand them the link of that offer...
then a few hours later I receive an email they deposited the bonus in my account!
will try it for the other bookies and see it might work out too! I'll follow LFC81Eoin's advice and won't reveal about which bookies, quoting him
LFC81Eoin's experience is that it works 20% of the time..
"it would be silly of me to list all the places here where it has worked as you may get alot of people reading it and then go and try it"