Health Tips: Are you working long hours on the computer?
I thought I'd give something back to this forum and tell you some good health tips I've received from a trusted source over the past few months. I've tested it also and so I'm confident it works.
A friend of mine is an Aerospace engineer, a brilliant guy. He is a top notch businessman who is descendent of a royal Indian family with a very old and rich tradition, with many members of his family being doctors, etcetera. So this is your source.
I will only write up a summary of each health tip and if you need to know more, please post a reply and I'll try to answer you to the best of my knowledge.
Health Tips Summary:
1. If you sit for long hours in front of a computer, wash your face frequently with cold water (it doesn't need to be very cold, but no problem if you want it colder).
2. Apply ice-cubes on your eyes (closed eye-lids).
3. Do steps 1 & 2 once for every hour you are in front of a computer screen for optimal results.
4. a) Eat carrots (raw or cooked is fine). They are quite beneficial for your eyes and body. Eating 4-5 carrots a day won't be a problem either (off course there are exceptions....for example you are diabetic... pls always check with your doctor if you are under any treatment)
4. b) Eat 3-4 small green chillies each day (they help neutralize radiation which you are getting from all sources). You can simply add them to your food. If it's too spicy, put less, but try to mix them in your food (lunch, etc).
Technology-related Health Tips:
5. Use LCD screens with the LED background technology (ie don't use pure LCD screens as they are bad for you).
6. Do not use Acer computers (for some reason my friend doesn't recommend them, not sure for what reason, I may ask him again..)
7. Try to minimize cell phone use. Some of you heard by now about experts now saying that cell phones are highly linked to cancer.
a) Protect your cell phones with a leather-surface covering it.
b) Do not use the cell phone if its battery is not fully loaded (I try to keep it above 70%)
c) Use a cell phone for maximum 1 year if you use it frequently (on a daily basis), then get rid of it, or sell it. Cell phone radiation increases substantially after 1 year of frequent use, the radiation levels surpass the recommended safety maximums set out by the US or other govt agencies for radiation levels laws on cell phones which are being sold.
d) When buying a cell phone, check what the radiation levels are (online or in the tech specs). If you can't find them, you're better not buying that cell phone. Sony is a good brand of cell phone which will get you a low radiation compared to other brands. There may be other brands so don't necessarily go all buy Sony now
e) Do not buy cheap cell phone brands as they will guarantee you for high radiation.
f) Buy yourself a headset (with a cord) for the cell. Avoid bluetooth ones if you can.
The remaining health tips are self-explanatory and these are coming from me:
1. walk outside for at least 45 mins daily, get some fresh air. walking after a meal is ideal as it will promote good digestion with an added influx of fresh oxygen into your blood.
2. If you do not have any severe back problems, try to use a chair without a back support. Your breathing becomes completely different (dynamic). Try to keep your back fairly straight. Do not cross your legs to let blood flow naturally in your legs. If you have a problem keeping your back straight, you can get one of those gadgets that you put on your back which alerts you when your back is not straight.. I heard they can help a lot.
3. Take a bath twice a day, morning and evening. The best temperature for a bath although it will be unpopular as a suggestion, is to have the water at lower temperature than your body temp (so cold water in fact is better...). I still love hot water and so if you can't do this, don't beat yourself for it.
4. If you have a headache, or any other small health problem, please try to use remedies which don't come with any side-effects...
[Long pepper + Pepper + Ginger] powder in equal parts added to honey is an excellent remedy for coughs... it is only one of many other working remedies.. using other "proven" and "natural" ways is just as fine...
[Ginger powder + a few drops of water] make into a paste, paste this on your forehead and in most cases your headache will be relieved. try to rest, and try to keep the paste until it is fully dry. .. if you must move around, then put a cloth over your gingered forehead and tie it up gently so the ginger doesn't go all over you..
Finally, always consult a doctor, especially if you are taking any medication... I must add a disclamer that I'm not responsible for any problems arising from these tips ... .. so use them at your own risk. .. so please don't sue me
A bit off-topic, but for your info I'm also starting a medical career and so this subject does interest me and if I can help anyone out there it will be my pleasure..
but I'm putting my studies on a pause right now exactly for the reason that I need funds for the doctoral tuition and for the expenses in the 5 years full-time study.. . planning to raise that with MB'ing and AP'ing =)
I will keep you posted right here on how I am doing... I use it for self-motivation also
Start:.............. 1.3K (GBP).......... March 22, 2011
Objective:....~ 25.0K .................. June-July 2012
1 mth later.......... 2.9K.................... April 22, 2011
Current .............. 3.7K
The powerful recipe given below has been suggested by the same friend of mine. I will go ahead and just copy it down from its original context as written by him + some of my added comments.
It may or may not suit your style, and you don't necessarily have to agree with any of it, but I find it of good value (tested and proven on myself as well):
Body Booster mix
(also good if you're working out, but good for anybody)
[ 19.5 % wheat-jowar-ragi-soya-bajra + 1-2 % methi ]
wheat +ragi+jowar+soya+bajra.. are all in powder (flour) form and in equal ratio, this is known as pancha misram,, which is best of all food available for mankind on earth.. this is having high medicinal values,, which prevents 70% of health problems occurs for normal humans..this mix controls weight,, solves tiredness, over sleepy issue, back bone pains, ,, etc , increases the strength of muscles in body ....
In this all Mix add some salt ( sea salt only) ,, if the mix is around 200-400 grm, add some small half spoon sea salt.
you can cook this as dosa style [pancake-style] too,, just pour water,, until it comes like loose paste,,,, or can make as chapatti [pita-bread style but without any yeast or other things] too.. after mixing this just put aside for 30 mints,, then start cooking ..
always remember eat the food only when it is warm ( not high hot,,,lol) ..
For everyone's convenience here are links to each ingredient:
wheat: you should know what this is :-)
jowar: Sorghum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
ragi: finger millets Eleusine coracana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, Ragi - Nachni (Nathno) Finger Millets
bajra: pearl millets Pearl millet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
soya: white soya beans (organic is best...)
1- What time of the day should it be taken?
2- How much of it can one adult person eat on a daily basis? as an entire meal or as a side dish?
you have to eat as much as you can until 80% of your stomach fill, what ever the food you take at evening 6-8 pm time,, this food only helps you for your body to build better ,, the food you take in day time is consumed by your working energy .. (and so it is suggested to take this at evening time from 5,6,7pm, etc.)
After having this food, you need to take some curd [yogurt], if the curd is made from cow milk,, only curd is enough,, if curd is made from buffalo milk,, then mix with water,, like butter milk,, then drink it ..
Cow curd has many medical values.. buffalo buttermilk has medicle values..
Comment: this will effectively cool your body temp. down and balance it out because this mix is highly powerful and also slightly raises body temp.
WTF? perhaps im being Naive but does anyone drink Buffalo milk?! i mean.... where the fcuk would someone even go to get that?!
whilst intrigued about all this eco doctor post im wondering about the direction this gambling forum is heading... im guessing using these Natural rememdies is the "gamble"?
Not sure any of it works. Look how it's affected Mark01 in his photo.
Originally Posted by Sticky
Dont see to much of a problem westv.He looks like he could do with some sleep and the fact he only has one hand cant help with the mouse but apart from that.....
Originally Posted by mark01
I once gave Billie Piper the same advice.
To be fair,he does have a shiny coat.
Seriously, the advice about a 45 min walk every day is excellent.
8 out of 10, would read again
Originally Posted by Fella
And here's a site that might help you create some walks to do! (it might happen to also be the site that I work on!! )
Originally Posted by anglo123
walkit.com — The urban walking route planner
This is so very true. Look what happened to this fella.....
Originally Posted by mark01
Tags for this Thread