Multiples - How do you do yours?
I've only been at this game for 6 months and tried to keep it simple up to now.
Have read on here many times references to the Betfair Banker etc, but I have not dabbled with any multiple betting.
I saw the offer below from Bet770 which looks like it could be very profitable.
My question is how would you lay off a multiple bet at Betfair? I have gone to the multiples section and made a treble selection, and chosen lay multiple. But when I do this and I go to check odds - the odds always seem to be way out of kilter and so I cannot match to the treble bet at the bookie.
What strategies do you have for the Betfair Banker etc.
Any help/pointers on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
For those who haven't seen the Bet770 offer details are as follows:-
How does it work?
1. Make a combined bet on 3 events.
2. Choose events from the EURO 2012 play-offs, the Premier League, La Liga, Ligue 1 and the Bundesliga.
3. If at least one of the three games finishes 1-1 and you lose your combined bet, Bet770 will refund your stake up to £11.
4. Send us an email to have your stake refunded.
This all kicks off at 11am on 11/11/11 and lasts 11 days until the final whistle on 21/11/11 at 11pm. All combined bets on 3 events are eligible. If you lose your bet, send us an email to email@example.com with 11/11/11 as the subject along with your login name and your ticket number.
Each 3 event combined bet will be eligible for this promotion, so you may try as many combined bets as you wish during the promotion period. Get cracking and make your bets now, you have 11 days to enjoy this unbeatable offer!
Terms and Conditions:
- This promotion is valid from Friday 11 November at 11am until Monday 21 November at 11pm
- Combined bets on 3 matches only are eligible for this promotion.
The selection of 3 combined bets must be on match results (1X2).
- In order to be refunded, one of the 3 matches of your combined bet must finish 1-1.
- Match results are after normal time and do not include extra time or penalty shoot outs.
- In case a match is cancelled, postponed or abandoned, the match will not be eligible for the promotion.
- Only bets that are concluded within the promotion dates are eligible for this promotion.
- Up to an £11 bonus will be refunded with a Playthrough of 1. To withdraw winnings coming from your bonus, you will have to bet using your bonus of up to £11. These bets must be carried out within 30 days on bets with minimum odds of 1.5.
- For example, if you bet £11 and you lose your bet and one of the matches you choose finishes 1-1, you will be refunded an £11 bonus. If you bet £5 and you lose your bet and one of the matches you choose finishes 1-1, the refund will be a £5 bonus. If you bet £50 and you lose your bet and one of the matches you choose finishes 1-1, you will be refunded an £11 bonus.
- Only bets on the following competitions may be chosen for this promotion. EURO 2012 play-offs, Premier League, La Liga, Ligue 1 and the Bundesliga.
- This promotion is available for all players with a Bet770 account.
See the tagged threads below (look for 'Tags for this Thread'), there might be some extra info in there worth checking. I know there have been various threads over the years including spreadsheets for doing multiples.
There's some notes I wrote on laying multiples off here:
Notes on backing/laying accumulators / multiples / combi bets / doubles etc
I would say the offer you've mentioned isn't worth a lot unless you're planning on betting on it anyway maybe?
- Make sure you choose games at different times so you leave enough time to lay each leg separately.
- Don't lay on Betfair Multiples because they are pure daylight robber (unless all the matches start at the same time, in which case your guaranteed way to lay it off is is to lay on Betfair Multiples) - the spreads on multiples are large (so you're getting poorer odds from the start) plus on top of that you also pay 5% commission no matter what your discount rate is.
- Consider strategically choosing long or short odds for one or more of the legs (usually last or first) - what that strategy is depends on the offer.
- Consider mugging one of the legs (again what strategy you use depends on the offer and your attitude to risk).
Post Thanks / Like
Tags for this Thread