Another season is almost upon us, and with it the start of the TGTPLPL 13-14!
Entry is just a tenner, and there'll be monthly and season-long prizes.
You simply predict the scores for Premier League games each week.
You can register here: https://predictor.talksport.com/ or just log in if you played last season.
Once registered, pay the £10 entry fee (link below) and you will be sent the league code via PM - once you have the league code, go to 'Mini-Leagues' on the predictor site and under the section 'Join a Mini-League (Using Invitation Code)' enter the league code.
How to Play?
Step 1 - Do Your Homework
Analyse the stats for every fixture as it definitely pays to do your homework!
Step 2 - Enter Your Predictions
The My Predictions page contains the fixtures for the current Game Week. Enter in your Goals For and Goals Against predictions for each of the games published.
Step 3 - Play Your Chips
Predictor comes with two chips which affect the scoring for that particular fixture. The Banker is usually placed on the prediction that you are most confident about and will double or treble (Banker Multiplier) your score for that match. The Insurance chip is usually placed on the prediction that you are most uncertain about and should your prediction be wrong, limits your score to 0 rather than -10.
Finally, click the Update Predictions button to save your forecasts. You are able to amend any of these right up until kick off, however changes made after 17:00 on the Friday before the start of each Game Week will not be eligible for the £1,000,000 cash prize. For more information on the Terms and Conditions of winning the cash prize please follow this link.Scoring
After every Game Week, scores will be calculated based on the accuracy of your prediction versus the actual outcome of each game. Points are awarded as follows:
10 Points for the correct outcome of the match, that is home win or away win, but not the correct score, or goal difference or a draw between the teams. E.g. You predict Arsenal 3-1 Chelsea and the actual score is Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea.
15 Points for the correct outcome of the match with the correct goal difference but not the correct score. E.g. You predict Arsenal 2-1 Chelsea and the actual score is Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea.
20 Points for the correct prediction of a draw but not the correct score. E.g. You predict Arsenal 2-2 Chelsea and the actual score is Arsenal 1-1 Chelsea.
30 Points for the correct outcome of the match with the correct score. E.g. You predict Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea and the actual score is Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea.
-10 (minus 10) Points are awarded for an incorrect prediction of the outcome of the game. E.g. You predict Arsenal 0-2 Chelsea and the actual score is Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea.
In addition to the basic scoring system described above, there are three additional items that can impact your weekly score:
1. The Banker - This is played on the game you are most confident about. The Banker will double or treble your points for this game depending on the Banker Multiplier (x2 or x3). E.g. You predict Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea and the score is Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea, the 30 points gets doubled to 60. It is also the same for an incorrect prediction, so if you predict Arsenal 1-1 Chelsea, and Arsenal win 1-0 you score -20 (minus 20). Only one Banker can be played for each Game Week of games.
2. Insurance - Is usually played on a match where the player is not confident of the outcome. Guarantees a score of no worse than 0 points (zero) for that game. E.g. You predict Arsenal 1-1 Chelsea and Arsenal win 1-0, but you played Insurance on this game, you would score 0 points. Insurance can be played on the same game as your Banker but will not protect your Banker Bonus should you predict an incorrect match outcome. Insurance can only be played once for each Game Week of games.
3. Banker Bonus - Is calculated based on the number of consecutive times you have correctly played your Banker. Each time (up to a maximum of four) that you correctly predict the outcome of a game (home win, away win, draw) you increase your Banker Bonus for the following week by 5. So if you have correctly played your Banker 3 weeks running, 20 points will be added to your weekly score. See Table 2 below.
Total prize fund: £300 - (20 entrants x £10) + £100 from TGT
Prizes will be paid out as follows:
Although if there's enough interest and we have a higher prize fund than last year, I'd like to include prizes for 2nd/3rd position come end of season and a bonus prize for the player who scores the highest gameweek score of the season so come on get signed up! EDIT 17/08/13 We've managed this thanks in large part to TGT very kindly topping up the prize fund by £100!
- £100 of the prize pot will go into 10 monthly prizes...so £10 per month
- First place (season overall): £90
- Second place (season overall): £60
- Third place (season overall): £30
- Bonus prize for single highest gameweek score: £20
To pay your entry fee:
- Go here: The Gambling Times Subscriptions Page
- Select the TGT Football Predictor League 2013/14 (£10) option.
- Click 'Order'.
- Pay the £10 via Skrill or Paypal.
- Deadline for entry is Friday 16th August 2013. Subscription will be closed after that time.
- You will be PM'ed the league code within 24hrs of paying - if you don't receive it after 24hrs, PM magnico.
When you have paid your subscription, your username will be displayed here:
TGT Football Predictor League 2013/14 Entrants List
Also your active subscriptions can be viewed on the payments page.
List of entrants:
Results / Leaderboard
August winner - Sliphod 320 pts
September winner - leadfloor1 315 pts
Overall standings - 02/10/13
1st leadfloor1 615 pts 2nd Sliphod 555 pts 3rd lolly22 380 pts