More oldish news from last week, lottery price will go up to £2 from September, the thing that made me post about ith ere really is the fact that apparently 86% of Guardian readers polled that they would NOT buy the ticket if it went up to £2 from the current £1. Probably far from an accurate poll, but if it is any indication at all of how things will go then Camelot could lose out. I would bet a large proportion of the middle class readers of the Guardian site that took part in that poll DON'T t actually buy a ticket currently anyway so the results should probably taken with a pinch of salt perhaps.

Various facts that come to mind - the price hasn't gone up since the lottery launched, off the top of my head I think the inflation rate over that time has been 71%, so bumping it up from £1 to £2 isn't actually that unreasonable if you factor in inflation.

Re the payouts to be paid, I tried to find out if they're paying exactly the same proportion out in winnings but couldn't easily find that info, they have to pay a minimum payout rate anyway so that won't change. They have doctored the payout rates haven't they for how many smaller winners there will be (it will increase I think?) - prize goes up for 3 numbers from £10 to £25.

Seemed to be a lot of talk about it hitting those people who play their own 'lucky' numbers more because they will feel forced to continue to play in case their 'lucky' numbers come in the very week they stop, which as an admin on an advantage playing site I find completely illogical and irrational, but hey that's what the lottery is all about isn't it. And to be fair actually yes I can see why people would be loathed to stop using their lucky numbers, it would be very hard to appreciate that each spin of the lottery machine is independent of every other spin from one week to another when your 'lucky' numbers come in on the very week you decide to stop.

In related news, apparently Camelot big wigs are in for a lottery payout as well of £11m in bonuses - the Daily Mail loving that news of course.