The Department of Justice and Equality: Minister Shatter publishes General Scheme of the Gambling Control Bill 2013
9) Fixed Odds Betting Terminals (FOBT)
· FOBT are explicitly prohibited under Head 49(7).
· Specific offences for the use, supply and repair of FOBT
10) Other powers to restrict, prohibit, etc
· As well as the specific prohibition on FOBT, the Minister will have powers to prohibit or restrict any game or machine or class of machine where it is shown to be harmful – head 49(1) –(6).
· The powers will be available to deal with other, as yet, unknown devices or games if they are harmful.
· This general approach will enable the authorities to react in different ways to different circumstances and to new and differing equipment.