Here is a quick guide to uploading your screenshots to the TGT forum:
Guide to uploading images and embedding them full size on forum
- Click on 'Reply' to post your reply - this will take you to the 'Quick Reply' editor - and then click on 'Go Advanced' underneath the quick editor textbox - this will take you to the 'Advanced' reply box/editor.
- In the advanced post editor page, scroll down and click 'manage attachments'.
- Add your media as you want either by entering the location of it on your machine or entering a remote URL and then clicking 'Upload'.
- In the attachments manager window you should now see your media listed under 'Current Attachments'. You can either:
- Right click on the image name in the list and select 'copy link location' (or similar) from the drop down context menu, OR
- Drag and drop the image name into the editor and then copy the URL from the editor (or just put 'img' tags around the URL and skip the next step below, see the Notes section below to read about using 'img' tags).
- Finally use the URL you copied above ^ when you click on the 'insert image' icon in the editor window.
Clicking on 'insert image' above ^ just puts 'IMG' tags ([IMG]http://www.thegamblingtimes.com/board/official-tgt-rules-feedback-questions-complaints/ ... [/IMG]) around your image URL and indicates to the forum that the URL is to be displayed as an image.
So for example, imagine your image URL is:
If you wanted to 'manually' insert that image (ie without clicking on the 'Insert Image' icon), all you would do is to type the following in your post:
In this way, you should see the following:
The 'img' tagged statement is replaced by your image! Note that the case of IMG tags does not matter, lowercase [img]http://www.thegamblingtimes.com/board/official-tgt-rules-feedback-questions-complaints/ ... [/img] will work just as well as uppercase.
Also, you can upload a variety of file types - all the most popular file types are supported (ie bmp, doc, gif, jpg, pdf, png, psd, txt, zip, xls). If you can't upload a certain file type, please let us know and we'll try and enable it if possible.
Finally, also note you can edit your previous posts if you want to add an attachment at a later date - simply follow the instructions above, but instead of clicking on 'reply' in step #1, click on 'edit' (and then from within the edit box, click on the 'Advanced' button to take you to the advanced editor where the attachment manager is).
To embed videos from Youtube, follow the instructions below:
That should allow you to embed Youtube clips into your forum posts!
- On the Youtube site, click on 'Share' and then click on Embed.
- Press 'ctrl-c' to copy the embed code.
- In the forum post editor, press 'ctrl-y' to paste the embed code into your post.