The TGT site and forum will be upgraded on Sunday 4th Sept 2011 and will be offline between 12:00 - 00:00. Although we hope to have the upgrade completed as soon as possible it may be the case that the site is offline longer.
Apologies for the inconvenience but we believe the upgrade will be worth putting up with a little downtime for!
Please post any issues with the upgrade in this thread after the main upgrade step has been completed on Sunday.
Issues / Bugs (ie things that are broken/not working):
Please check the list below BEFORE you post any new bugs/problems/feedback/etc, thanks!
- mac: Moderated post colour needs to be a different colour to the default so moderated posts stand out when mods view them.
- mac: Reported post message box is very small
Not so much bugs, but feedback - mac don't fix these until everything above is sorted, cheers:
- Issues to do with height here.
- Chatbox - CSS bug (possibly Chrome specific)
- Subscribed threads/folders not imported (unfortunately there's nothing we can do about this, if you really want your list of threads back then PM munk but please just try and accept they are gone and start afresh if possible!)
- New chatbox smilies are quite small, can we have the old ones back please - probably not yet, but maybe when the dust settles we can look at it, munk.
- Links/redirects to threads/posts on the forum are broken (being looked at - update, more or less done last night 05/09/11, should be OK now if anyone wants to test out some links, will post about it below, munk 05/09 17:30)).
- The site displays very poorly on 1024x768 - (also even on a 22" monitor it is awkward, on old site you used to be able to just about comfortably fit two browser instances of TGT side by side which was excellent for various things like moderation but also for doing two things side by side, now you can't do that quite so easily - new forum 'view' folds at around 1100px I think, on old forum was around 980px from memory (munk)). (done)
- Can the chatbox width be extended? (done)
- Tapatalk (done)
- Copyright <divs> text colouring hard to read
- Unread Posts not displayed in bold (this is not an issue if you look for the 'unread' icon - it's a little blue icon with two down arrows on it, displayed to the left of the thread title in any search page ie 'new posts' lists, 'today's posts', etc)
- Shareholders forum requires password (fixed)
- Menubar with posting options disappears in search mode/view (I agree that is a BIG pain and isn't helping with the confusion about unread/read marking, is nice to be able to mark all messages as read once you've read them all from the search window, but you have to navigate away to do that now back to the main forum view where the posting nav bar/'Forum Actions > Mark Forums Read' dropdown is (munk))
- Tags system disabled (FIXED after FAR too many hours of work on it urgh... it will be worth it though... munk )
- CSS in IE9 (and Chrome) broken on articles pages - little dice are overwritten by the titles of articles ie here - OK in FF6.
- Links in posts not easily identifiable - links have no underlining/defining style in Chrome, works OK in Firefox/IE though. (This seems to keep moving from fixed to broken?! Currently links only underlined inside thread posts, but not in forum indexes or search results which is not good) (FIXED - links on thread index pages are not underlined but everywhere else they should be)
- Group leaders page is slightly hard to read, black text on red background, could that be improved if possible? Not urgent though, leave until last, munk
- Thread listing view issues - different colours for first row than other columns, icon backgrounds not transparent
- Read posts become unread overnight - not sure of this one, hard to diagnose as well, if noone else complains of this it may just be marked as fixed I'm afraid.
- mac: 'Likes' box on first page of threads that include Liked posts breaks the layout (ie this thread)
- munk: orphaned posts userids fix
- munk: link redirects fix - links to threads/posts on old forum broken, redirect to wrong threads/posts on new forum - done by ian already though not working quite right, fixed it up and it seems to work ok now - although thread links for which there are more than one thread with the same title may be redirected to the wrong thread on new forum still, not much can be done about that unfortunately and hopefully instances of it will be rare
- Archive opens sitemap but with no styling (IMO that won't/doesn't need to be fixed, most sites leave the archives section very plain because it gives an option for a completely un-styled view that any browser/device can read, munk) - moving this to 'fixed', the archive pages are supposed to be minimal / without style - hence the 'click here for full version' link on the archive page!
In same linked post ^, issues with:
Styling for Privacy statement/T&C/Bookmakers/Casino/Poker reviews/ratings/Fivers Cashback is all old TGT - this is still being worked on so we can integrate these features into the new CMS system, for now it's a case of just linking to the old system but will be integrated fully over the next days/weeks. - again moving this to fixed, those pages will be integrated into the CMS once we have the styling/showstopping functionality bugs sorted out.
- munk: Signatures not imported (done)
- munk: A number of accounts show up as 'guest' (mine included (and mine, munk )) (not so urgent/can be left/fixed later, munk) (this should be fixed now, any remaining 'Guest' posts with usernames showing are of users who no longer exist on the forum for one reason or another)
- munk: check promotions / ranks (done)
- munk: Ignore lists wiped? (not enough ignore lists to make this worthwhile, contact me by PM if you had an ignore list on old forum and want it)
- munk: Thread link problems with % marks in URLs (% marks in links are now replaced with the string 'percent')
- mac: Column width on search results pages too narrow - still a problem (dates truncated in search results section) (and forum names as well because of the (apparently?) fixed width/height of that column)
- mac: Page width too large - over 1100px, please make <=900px if possible