OK, i am thinking of getting a poker tourney set up for US, maybe a freeroll, but a extra money added tourney for sure. Maybe a weekly thing if we think that enough are interested. Here are my ideas for the weekly tourney.
1. It will be a weekly tourney on the same day every week.
2. It will last probably 10 weeks. You will count your top 8 scores. (there will be a scoring system that will be based on where you finish and how many people are in that week. ex. if you finish 3rd with only 8 people, you might get less points than finishing 6th with 35 people. THis also makes it possible for you to win prized at the 10 week end even if you miss 2 weeks because you can just use the 8 week scores you could participate with.
3. It will be a low buyin tourney so all can play. Probably 5.50 buy in. It will be private also so you will need the password that will be given out every week so a bunch of idiots dont get in.
4. The added money amount will be determined when i see how much interested we have in it. But it will probably be 50.00 either by the poker room or i will do it myself if they wont.
5. Poker room. THis is where i need to see who might play and what rooms we can play at where we can get some new accounts. ( we would be using a room that allows US and NON US Players and that is high quality) But to be honest, if we pick a room that will have some new signups, i will have much more room to get the poker room to add extra money every week.
6. Possible rooms right now are Bodoglife ( i am pretty sure they allow everyone but canadian people)
Fulltilt ( this is an easy room for me to set up a poker tourney for, but most people have had an account here before also)
Ultimatebet ( dont know what i can swing here, dont have much contact here but if not a lot have accounts here and i can negotiate something, i will.
Cake poker ( dont have a great contact here either, but we might be able to get something set up here)
These are really are only choices since they all allow US and NON US players and that we might be able to get extra money added.
Again let me know who is interested and if interested, put down of these poker rooms which ones you have or dont have an account at please.
Remember, 5.50 per week is a very small amount to play to have some fun and possible win a little bit of money also. We did this before when the GU was around and it was a great time.