You are correct for the first part, you do write the odds in the 'best' sheet. Then, the lower part of that page will provide you with all the possible matches including your odds with the arb % attached to it. The first two columns of that lower table (page and line) will indicate where on the spreadsheet to look for the particular combination. Then you move to that page and enter your odds and stake for the value side of the bet manually, and the sheet will tell you how much you should place on the other selections.
The "best" sheet doesn't automatically populate the other sheets with the odds (and handicap offsets) as the other sheets don't discriminate which team is at home and which is away. I have since thought of a way to do this, but it'd be quite a job, and I can't be bothered tbh. Mostly, once you get used to it, it'll be fairly easy anyway, for example you might have a win or EH, a draw or handicap draw, and an AH. If the sheet you enter your stakes on gives a different arb%, you got them the wrong way round.
Hope for the best: and prepare for the worst.
A wise man told me don't argue with fools, cos people from a distance can't tell who is who ~ Jay Z
Hi Pokebus, thank you for sharing your arb combinations spreadsheet.
I'm green in cross-mkt arb, with only knowledge on straight arbs.. I could really use your help on 2 noob qns please..
1) What the "Home Team Offset" is for?
2) What is push loss for? What should I input for a full refund situation.. 1/2 refund 1/2 win.. 1/2 loss 1/2 refund kind of situations?
Last edited by econbizer; 11/06/2012 at 15:53.
Home team offset is to change the handicap of the home team, if you change it you should see the handicap number change in the cells below.
Push loss is for a situation hwere you pay commission on a bet that ends in a draw and is pushed. One place that used to do that was Interwetten, if your bet ended in a push then you paid 10% of your stake in commission and got the other 90% of the stake back.
Post Thanks / Like
Munk, thank you for your reply.
Originally Posted by munk
My understanding for the "Home Team Offset" is still weak. Won't a "0 offset" already work for pre-match cross-mkt arbs?
When will we ever change the "Home Team Offset" number? Is it used for in-play betting situations when bookies continue to offer odds as if the game were level, even after one team scores a goal?
For your eg "if your bet ended in a push then you paid 10% of your stake in commission and got the other 90% of the stake back."
Should I then put 0.9 or 0.1 into the push/loss cell for the relevant book?
Last edited by econbizer; 11/06/2012 at 18:30.
You would enter 10 in the push loss cell if betting AH(0) at IW, I suspect you might be not from the UK so perhaps you still can.
The offset is for very one-sided games, say if Spain were playing Andorra, your 1-X-2(0) could become 1EH-3 - X(0:3) - 2(+3) and so on.
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks for your explanation Pokebus
Originally Posted by Pokebus
You're right, I'm outside UK, betting with asian bookies.
I'm sorry I'm coming across as dense, but I'm only beginning to appreciate a very small bit on the need for the "Home Team Offset".
To clarify, I need to first look at the european/asian handicap markets being offered.
If the european/asian goal line markets offered are very high, I should simply set my "Home Team (assuming home is favourite) Offset" to -1 or -2.. -3 upwards, so your spreadsheet shows cross-mkt-arbs with higher asian goal lines?
Otherwise, if I simply stick to a "0 offset", I can still try cross-mkt-arbs on a more limited selection of 1.25 & 1.5 asian goal lines if they are available?
ie. 1 AH(+1.25) - 2AH(-1) - 2AH(-1.5)
1 AH(+1.25) - X(1:0) - 2AH(-1.5)
while 1 AH(0) - X2 - 2 AH(-0.25) is not possible cos 0 & 0.25 asian hdp markets are not available?
Hence theoretically if bookies open all european/asian goal lines for a particular game, from the smallest handicap to the biggest handicap conceivable, we should in fact look across the exhaustive list of "Home Team Offsets" -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 3 4 cross-mkt-arbs to select the ones with the best profit margin? So the spreadsheet offset is to limit the whole list of cross-mkt arbs to those which are more probable for our viewing convenience?
Thank you for your patience
Last edited by econbizer; 11/06/2012 at 20:18.
I bet only recently on asian handicaps, and in research of analysis on the market cross, I've read only now this brilliant thread.
Originally Posted by Super_Dash
Unfortunately I've seen that the link does not work: I ask very kindly if it is possible make newly available the file of the last version.
Thank you all.