Please post all entries for this week's trader of the week prize in this thread. Entries for the week ending Sunday 26/07/09 must be posted here no later than Tuesday 28/07/09. The winner will be announced on Wednesday 29/07/09.
All prize winning entries must be for trades placed entirely on your Betfair Trading account using BetTrader and must be in the spirit of the challenge.
Winners will be chosen on merit of their explanation that they give as to how they generated the profit, what strategy they used, how they found the experience, whether they'd do it again, if they'd change the strategy in future, etc etc etc NOT just on the basis of who made the biggest profit.
Please ensure you 'green up' on the market you have traded so that you make the same profit no matter who wins (click the green H button in BetTrader to hedge it before the market closes) - all entries that are not hedged will be calculated to work out the hedged profit/loss at the average prices for the purpose of winning prizes.
Trade of the Week Prize Entry Submissions
Please provide as much detail as you can when submitting your prize winning entries. The profit you made on the trading session is important, but not as important as the details as to how you managed to generate the profit. Anyone who just posts 'I made £xx' with no explanation stands exactly zero chance of winning any prizes! Please provide as much detail as possible about the strategy you used to generate the profit - the more interest/debate you generate the higher your chance of winning prizes.
With your prize submission please include a screenshot of the Betfair profit & loss page for the market you made your trades on:
- In BetTrader, click Betfair > My Account.
- Click 'Betting Profit & Loss'.
- On the P&L page, find the market that you made your profit on (to see all your entries click on 'last 30 days' in the 'Period' drop down list and click 'Get P & L' and from there you should find the market).
- Take a screenshot of the P&L for the market you netted your prize winning trades on - IMPORTANT - please make sure you have the 'average odds' turned on - this is the default anyway so it should be fine. You can also take a screenshot of the p&l page with the average odds turned off, although if there are more than 20 trades you won't see them all on one page so this isn't so important as the average odds screenshot. I would recommend Gadwin PrintScreen if you're after dedicated screenshot software.
- Upload the screenshot into your post reply (see here for more information on uploading screenshots to the forum).
Current highest profit and loss for a single market in the week ending Sunday 26/07/09:
wndllll - £53.62 (21/07)
munk - £25.63 (21/07)
frankbutcher - £11.24 (24/07)
Official Week 4 Results
Grandthrax wins the prize this week for his pre race trading - congratulations, you receive a one month extension for your BetTrader ladder subscription until the end of September - I will contact Adam at Racing Traders now.
Wndllll wins for the 3rd week in a row for his trading on the test match which concluded on Monday. You will receive £10 from me - I will contact you via email now to confirm the details.
Frankbutcher wins the much coveted TGT mug, I will contact you now to confirm details.
Well done everyone.