Premier League Saturday Preview

Manchester United have the chance to close the gap at the top of the Premier League table on Saturday.

Leaders and neighbours Manchester City are not in action until Sunday, which allows United the chance to close to within five points, if they can overcome Brighton at Old Trafford.

The undoubted game of the weekend finishes the Saturday line-up, as third place Chelsea travel to Anfield to face Liverpool – in fifth. Both teams come into the clash in very good form, but Liverpool will be hoping they can move into the top-four with victory.

Spurs, who begin the weekend in fourth, host West Brom – who sacked Tony Pulis earlier this week. Gary Megson takes charge on a caretaker basis at Wembley, as Tottenham look to bounce back from their North London derby loss last week.

Eighth placed Watford travel to Newcastle – who are looking to end a run of three successive defeats.

Bottom-of-the-table Crystal Palace face what looks like a possible six-pointer as they host Stoke City at Selhurst Park.

Second-from-bottom Swansea are looking for their first win in six weeks as they take on Bournemouth at The Liberty Stadium. The Cherries have won three of their last four.

See below for a run-down on the games, including predictions from former England, Crystal Palace and Tottenham midfielder Andy Gray, our own Football Insider Graeme Bailey and bet365’s Steve Freeth.

Football INDEX is a stockmarket game where players, known as Traders, take a position on the “future success” of footballers with real money – CLICK HERE to play and start winning, and take advantage of your £20 cashback only with TheGamblingTimes.

Crystal Palace 15:00 Stoke City 
Selhurst Park

TEAM NEWS: Crystal Palace have a near fully fit squad with only Lee Chung-yong and Connor Wickham sidelined. Geoff Cameron could return for Stoke, but Jack Butland and Stephen Ireland are sidelined.
KEY FACT: Crystal Palace are unbeaten in their four Premier League home matches against Stoke
MATCH ODDS: Palace 21/10 Draw 23/10 Stoke 13/5
bet365 Pick: Both Teams To Score @10/11
ANDY SAYS: I can see these two teams cancelling each other out, draw for me…1-1
GRAEME SAYS: I believe Palace will take the three points here…2-0
FOOTBALLIndex – One to follow: Christian Benteke is back and up for grabs on the INDEX at just 98p

Manchester United 15:00 Brighton & Hove Albion 
Old Trafford

TEAM NEWS: Michael Carrick and Phil Jones remain sidelined for United, but Eric Bailly is set to be ready. Steve Sidwell remains Brighton’s only absentee. 
KEY FACT: Man Utd’s only home defeat against a team in their debut Premier League season came in 1996
MATCH ODDS: Man Utd 1/6 Draw 6/1  Brighton 14/1
bet365 Pick: Man Utd to win and over 2.5 goals @8/11
ANDY SAYS: Should be pretty straightforward for United, don’t think Brighton can stop them…3-1
GRAEME SAYS: I think United might take time to break Brighton down but will win…2-0
FOOTBALLIndex – One to follow: Paul Pogba is back and surely worth looking at when priced at under £5

Newcastle United 15:00 Watford
St. James’ Park

TEAM NEWS: Kiko Femenia is back, but Younes Kaboul, Nathaniel Chalobah, Craig Cathcart and Isaac Success are ruled out. Troy Deeney is still suspended. Paul Dummett and Mikel Merino are back again from injury but Jamaal Lascelles and Christian Atsu are out. Isaac Hayden is banned.
KEY FACT: If Watford win this match they will have already won more away points this season than in the whole of last season
MATCH ODDS: Newcastle 6/5 Draw 23/10 Watford 23/10
bet365 Pick: Over 2.5 goals @Evens
ANDY SAYS: Tough call but can see Watford getting something here…1-1
GRAEME SAYS: I can see Watford grabbing the three points here, but it will be close…1-2
FOOTBALLIndex – One to follow: Richarlison has broken into the top-50 on the INDEX, one to watch for sure

Swansea City 15:00 AFC Bournemouth
Liberty Stadium

TEAM NEWS: Tammy Abraham is a major doubt for Swansea, who are already without Kyle Bartley. Brad Smith and Tyrone Mings are ruled out, whilst Junior Stanislas and Jordan Ibe are major doubts. Simon Francis is suspended.
KEY FACT: Bournemouth are unbeaten in their four Premier League encounters against Swansea
MATCH ODDS: Swansea 13/8 Draw 11/5 Bournemouth 17/10
bet365 Pick: Draw @11/5
ANDY SAYS: I think Bournemouth will grab the win here, Swansea are poor at the moment…1-2
GRAEME SAYS: It is hard to see Swansea winning, so I think Bournemouth will claim something…1-1
FOOTBALLIndex – One to follow: Alfie Mawson is available at just 50p and looks a good deal

Tottenham Hotspur 15:00 West Bromwich Albion 
Wembley Stadium

TEAM NEWS: Tottenham remain without Toby Alderweireld and Victor Wanyama. Nacer Chadli, Craig Dawson and James Morrison are all missing for West Brom.
KEY FACT: Tottenham have lost only one of their last 15 league meetings with West Brom
MATCH ODDS: Spurs 2/9 Draw 19/4 West Brom 12/1
bet365 Pick: Spurs to win to nil @5/6
ANDY SAYS: You have to go with Spurs here, surely they will have too much for West Brom…2-0
GRAEME SAYS: Has to be a home win for, I don’t see how West Brom will get anything here…3-0
FOOTBALLIndex – One to follow: Christian Eriksen at just over £2 looks remarkable value

Liverpool 17:30 Chelsea
Anfield
Live On BT Sport

TEAM NEWS: Joel Matip should be fit to return and Adam Lallana is closing on his return – but won’t be risked for this match. Michy Batshauyi misses out for Chelsea but Victor Moses could make the match.
KEY FACT: Liverpool are unbeaten in their last five Premier League meetings with Chelsea
MATCH ODDS: Liverpool 23/20 Draw 12/5 Chelsea 23/10
bet365 Pick: Salah to score first @11/2
ANDY SAYS: I think this game will be full of goals and I can see Liverpool just sneaking it…3-2
GRAEME SAYS: I can’t see Liverpool’s defence keeping Chelsea out, away win but close…1-2
FOOTBALLIndex – One to follow: Mohamed Salah looks a great investment at just over £3

Related Posts

This website is strictly for over 18’s. If you do have any concerns about gambling please contact GambleAware
© 2023 The Gambling Times. All rights reserved.