Walcott putting himself in England contention

Theo Walcott’s impressive start to his Everton career is already seeing him being tipped to earn a recall to the England squad.

Walcott joined Everton in a £20million move in January, ending over a decade with the club – but he has settled brilliantly into life on Merseyside.

His first two games have seen an assist and two goals for the 28-year-old, and he is looking forward to facing his former club this weekend.

“It was one of the fixtures I looked at when I signed and it will be an emotional game for me, but it is all about winning,” said Walcott.

“We have made a good start but everyone now needs to recover because we have a game around the corner.”

Everton boss Sam Allardyce is delighted with how Walcott has shaped up.

“He’ll be doing the team talk,” joked Allardyce.

“I think he is looking forward to it. I am sure he will get a good reception when he goes back to The Emirates considering the time he spent there.”

And Bookmakers certainly can see Walcott getting back into the England squad and also coming back to haunt Arsenal.

Bet365 make it 4/1 for Walcott to get on the scoresheet and 40/1 to bag his second brace in three days – he’s 9/1 to outscore Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang over the 90 minutes.

Walcott can also be backed at 10/1 to end the season with a double figure goal tally in the Premier League and he’s into 5/1 from 8/1 to make the World Cup.

bet365’s Steve Freeth said: “Walcott has made an encouraging start to his Everton career and a good showing on his return to North London will have some clamouring for an England recall.

“It’s just whether he can perform consistently between now and May.”

Related Posts

This website is strictly for over 18’s. If you do have any concerns about gambling please contact GambleAware
© 2023 The Gambling Times. All rights reserved.