Wenger ready to return

Former Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed that he plans on returning to management in the New Year.

The 68-year-old, who ended his 22-year reign at the helm of The Gunners last season, insists he has already rejected a number of already to return to management.

“I feel rested and am ready to work again,” said the Frenchman.

“I believe [I will] start again on 1 January. I don’t know [where] yet. There are associations, national teams, it could be also in Japan.

“From my 22 years at Arsenal, I have big experience on different levels. There are enquiries from all over the world.”

Bookmakers believe that Wenger could very well turn up at Real Madrid next, with their current coach Julen Lopetegui under real pressure and it is 7/2 that he lands at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Behind that it’s completely wide open in the betting with France, PSG, any Chinese club, AC Milan and Monaco all priced at 11/2 – despite the latter recently appointing Thierry Henry.

Alex Apati of Ladbrokes said: “Wenger reckons he’ll be in a new job by the turn of the year and the odds suggest it’s Madrid who’ll benefit from the Frenchman’s wealth of experience.”

Related Posts

This website is strictly for over 18’s. If you do have any concerns about gambling please contact GambleAware
© 2023 The Gambling Times. All rights reserved.