Oleksandr Usyk v Tony Bellew Preview

Tony Bellew is attracting that majority of bets ahead of his clash with Oleksandr Usyk, but the Ukranian remains odds-on to win.

Bellew, 35, has stepped back to Cruiserweight to take on Usyk – the unbeaten and unified champion with the IBF, WBO, WBA and WBC belts in his possession.

Should Bellew win in Manchester on Saturday, he will become the first Brit ever to hold four world titles in a weight division.

Bellew is confident that he can end his career on a high, as no matter the result he insists that this is the last fight of his career.

“This guy is unlike any other fighter in the world,” said Bellew.

“He’s a one-off, a maverick, he’s formidable at what he does. I just know I am going to find a way. I even know how I am going to do it, I just can’t say.”

Uysk is full of praise for the Liverpudlian, saying: “Tony is my best opponent ever.

“He is really dangerous. He is the same height, same weight. Look at his eyes – they are angry.”

Fight sponsors William Hill have confirmed that the majority of the interest is in Bellew, but Uysk is by far the firm favourite.

The betting public are putting their cash behind the Bomber with 76.6% of all wagers placed on the fight on him.

William Hill make the Liverpudlian pugilist a 9/2 shot, while the Ukrainian is the red hot 1/6 favourite.

The most likely method of victory is a Usyk win by KO which is offered at 5/6 while Bellew is 11/2 to do so.

“This is a hugely anticipated fight and despite the fact that Bellew is an outsider, he was in that same position twice against David Haye and came out on top,” said William Hill spokesman Joe Crilly.

“Our punters think he will make it a hat-trick this weekend.”

Related Posts

This website is strictly for over 18’s. If you do have any concerns about gambling please contact GambleAware
© 2023 The Gambling Times. All rights reserved.