Tottenham hopeful over Eriksen extension

Tottenham Hotspur are confident that Danish superstar Christian Eriksen will sign a new deal with the club, despite the huge interest in his signature.

Eriksen has 18-months left on his current contract and having tied down the likes of Harry Kane and Dele Alli to long-term deals, they want him to follow suit.

The 26-year-old has emerged as one of the Premier League’s top attacking talents since joining from Ajax in 2013.

Now sources close to the player believe that there is interest from around Europe, and I understand Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Paris Saint Germain and Bayern Munich.

The player himself refuses to discuss his future too much.

“I have my agent to take care of it so I can play football, then we see where it ends. There have been talks with Tottenham many times.

“I cannot say if it’s over just yet – you must ask them. There are so many reports… Don’t believe them, not from what I know anyway.”

Bookmakers believe that despite the interest, Eriksen will be move than likely to stay put.

Betway’s Alan Alger said: “The odds suggest Spurs should be able to keep hold of him for the rest of the season, but that may be all as he’s being well-backed at 5/2 to sign for Spanish giants Real Madrid in the summer.”

Related Posts

This website is strictly for over 18’s. If you do have any concerns about gambling please contact GambleAware
© 2023 The Gambling Times. All rights reserved.