United confident of keeping Zlatan

Manchester United are confident of agreeing a new deal with Zlatan Ibrahimovic, sources have told our Football Insider Graeme Bailey.

The 35-year-old has been sensational in his maiden campaign in English football, with 26 goals to his name. He has led the line from day one, which has seen captain Wayne Rooney demoted to a bench role – but nobody is complaining given his success.

He scored two goals in the League Cup final win against Southampton at the weekend and was quizzed about his future after picking up his first medal with United but he was non-committal.

But sources close to United have told our Football Insider Graeme Bailey that they believe he will stay at Old Trafford next season.

“Zlatan has delivered beyond all expectations and I have been told by sources that United are ‘confident’ that he will remain with them,” Bailey confirmed to TheGamblingTimes.com.

“Money is not an issue with the player or the club, and I am also told that unless he really fancies a move to China or America – United do not believe he will be tempted elsewhere.

“Jose Mourinho has confirmed to United’s hierarchy that he wants him to sign a new deal, and they believe they are firmly on course for that.”

Jose Mourinho has confirmed to United’s hierarchy that he wants him to sign a new deal

Graeme Bailey

The player’s agent Mino Raiola insisted earlier this week that no decision had yet been made.

“I don’t disclude anything. Anything can happen and we will see what happens,” he told TalkSport.

“We’re now concentrated on the next cup. This was a very important cup and very emotional for him, for me and for Mourinho too. So let’s just try to give the fans some more cups.”

We spoke with Tom McDermott, editor of the United End – who believes, and hopes, Ibrahimovic will stay for at least one more season.

“I think Ibrahimovic will do another year and I think Mourinho knows that as well. He can’t be allowed to leave. I think he’s relatively settled in England, likes the league, taken to the club and supporters and of course the most important factor is Mourinho, who he enjoys working with,” he told TheGamblingTimes.com.

“The possibility of making the Champions League is looking more likely either through the league or via the Europa League. One more crack at that with United probably appeals as well, then he can have a rest.”

Odds-on to stay

The odds on Ibrahimovic on staying in England are short and we spoke exclusively to Ladbrokes about the market surrounding the Swedish international.

Ladbrokes News Dave Burin told TheGamblingTimes.com: “The bookies say  Zlatan’s staying put next season, and that’s music to the ears of every United fan, with the Swedish talisman already an idol of the Stretford End.”

Zlatan Ibrahimovic specials with Ladbrokes:
To start next season at Man United – 1/3
To reach 35 goals this season – 1/2
To score 20+ goals in all competitions for Man United in 2017/18 season – 1/2}
To reach 40 goals this season – 5/2
To score 20+ Premier League goals for Man United in 2017/18 season – 3/1
To score in either FA Cup Final or Europa League Final 2016/17 – 7/2
To score in BOTH FA Cup Final and Europa League Final – 40/1

Related Posts

This website is strictly for over 18’s. If you do have any concerns about gambling please contact GambleAware
© 2023 The Gambling Times. All rights reserved.