Courtois eyes Hazard reunion

Thibaut Courtois has not hidden his desire to be reunited with his friend Eden Hazard this summer.

Real Madrid first targeted the Belgian pair more than three-years ago and the first part of the plan to land them came into being last year when they landed Courtois.

Now with Hazard refusing a new deal at Stamford Bridge, meaning he will only have 12-month left come the summer, Real are poised to make their move come the end of the season.

“It would be nice of course [if Hazard joined Real], but I cannot say much about it,” Courtois told VTM Nieuws.

“That is something he has to decide and Madrid must decide if they want him, because I do not know that either.

“But Eden is a top player and also my buddy, so if he came here it would be fun, but he has to make his choices.”

Asked whether he had spoken to Hazard about joining him in the Spanish capital, Courtois added: “No, occasionally we laugh at the fact that we like to play football together but that is something I do not interfere in.

“We will see at the end of the season what can happen but Eden is a fantastic football player.”

Hazard is odds-on to make the summer move to Real Madrid with PaddyPower pricing him at 3/10 whilst he is 11/5 to stay with Chelsea and sign a new deal.

Related Posts

This website is strictly for over 18’s. If you do have any concerns about gambling please contact GambleAware
© 2023 The Gambling Times. All rights reserved.