Weekly Golf Preview – The Players Championship

See below as we run through the tournament for you including facts, odds and picks from our own golfing professional Cliff Jackson and 32Red’s Jack Milner.

THE PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP

• TPC Sawgrass, Florida
  • First staged in 1974
  • Current champion is Webb Simpson

OVERVIEW: The Players Championship at TPC Sawgrass is known as the unofficial ‘fifth’ major and is one of the most prestigious events on the golfing calendar.

Famed for it’s wonderful Island hole on 17, the tournament regularly attracts the world’s top-50 players and so there is no doubting the quality on show in Florida.

Webb Simpson is the defending champion, but there is a field worthy of any major on show this week. Dustin Johnson comes into the event as favourite but all the world’s top-ten are on show in what looks the event of 2019 so far.

TOP TEN BETTING:

The pro’s point of view…

Our resident golf expert is Cliff Jackson. Cliff is a leading youth coach and PGA professional at the famed Seaton Carew Links – one of the oldest courses in the world.

If you don’t like the Players’ Championship – you don’t like golf – a weekend of pure golf is coming our way. I would love to see Molinari make it back-to-back wins, and he is more than capable of doing so.

But I think we will see an American winner here with Xander Schauffele and Bryson DeChambeau the two who would be getting my vote this weekend.

Related Posts

This website is strictly for over 18’s. If you do have any concerns about gambling please contact GambleAware
© 2023 The Gambling Times. All rights reserved.