Tiger mauls Bookies as he claims Masters

Tiger Woods’s win at The Masters has cost Bookmakers millions.

Woods sealed his first major triumph in over a decade by claiming the win at Augusta on Sunday – in the process landing his fifth green jacket.

Woods began the week as one of the favourites and he followed it up by securing victory, his 15th major of his career – but the first where he has come from behind.

“Coming up 18 I was just trying to make a five. When I tapped in I don’t know what I did, I know I screamed,” said Woods.

“To have my kids there, it’s come full circle. My dad was here in 1997 and now I’m the dad with two kids there.

“It will be up there with one of the hardest I’ve had to win because of what has transpired in the last couple of years.”

Bookmakers are now counting the cost of Woods’s win, coming just a week after Tiger Roll’s Grand National win. Every Bookmaker offered a sizeable double of around 80/1, and number of punters took them up.

Lawrence Lyons, spokesperson for BoyleSports said: “We were still assessing the overall damage on Sunday evening but it’s safe to say the payout on the Tiger double is well into the six-figures. One customer alone is €80,000 richer after investing €1,000 on the two winners which, although popular with customers, we just didn’t see happening as both events are so hard to win.”

He added: “To come back and win the Grand National for the 2nd time was a stunning achievement for Tiger Roll, but Tiger Woods’ Augusta heroics capped off one of sport’s greatest ever comebacks and it’s one we’re going to remember for quite some time for more reason than one.”

BoyleSports have already installed Tiger Woods as 9/1 favourite to retain The Masters in 2020 and claim his sixth green jacket – which would level Jack Nicklaus’s record.

Related Posts

This website is strictly for over 18’s. If you do have any concerns about gambling please contact GambleAware
© 2023 The Gambling Times. All rights reserved.