PSG play down Kylian Mbappe comments

Paris Saint German have firmly insisted that Kylian Mbappe is not leaving the club.

The 20-year-old superstar, who led his country to World Cup glory last summer, spoke about he was open to a ‘new project’ after he picked up the French Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year honours.

At the ceremony he said:”It’s a very important moment for me, I’ve come to a turning point in my career.

“I have discovered a lot here, and I feel it is perhaps the moment to have more responsibility. I hope that can maybe be at Paris Saint-Germain, that would be a great pleasure. Or perhaps elsewhere with a new project.”

Barcelona and Real Madrid have both been linked with Mbappe, who joined PSG from Monaco in 2017 in a deal worth around £150million.

PSG have insisted that Mbappe, along with team-mate Neymar, remain firmly in their plans and they followed his statement with one of their own.

“For two years, a strong bond has been formed between PSG and Kylian Mbappe; and this story will continue next season. With a shared ambition to make European football history in the year of the club’s 50th anniversary,” the club insisted.

“A highly-anticipated moment in which we can all come together to write a new, great page in the club’s history where each individual must play a role geared towards the collective.”

Bookmakers are firmly in the Paris Saint Germain camp, and they seem certain that he will be staying put with PaddyPower making him 1/8 to stay put in the French capital.

Related Posts

This website is strictly for over 18’s. If you do have any concerns about gambling please contact GambleAware
© 2023 The Gambling Times. All rights reserved.