This competition is kindly sponsored by KenHowells sportsbook, they are a shop based and telephone betting operation who have a website with details of themselves and any offers/promotions but you can not use it to place bets or see any odds. As a rule they will price match or better the Big Three Highstreet bookmakers on Soccer odds and StanJames for HorseRacing, they offer a 100% refund on Non Runner Ante Post bets and a general 10% monthly rebate on HorseRacing losses. Ken Howells Sports Betting | Ken Howells Sports Betting
The rules are:
1) Pick one horse in each of the Scoop6 races.
2) Highlight one horse as your NAP (bet of the day)
3) For each of your selected horses that win you are awarded 5pts
4) For each of your selected horses that are placed you are awarded 3pts
5) If your NAP wins you are awarded an extra 5 bonus pts. (No bonus points for your NAP placing, it must win).
For Example =
Leg 1, Doncaster - 2.05pm = Secret Night
Leg 2, Doncaster - 2.35pm = Uniquely Poised
Leg 3, Musselburgh - 2.50pm = Kings Destiny
Leg 4, Epsom - 3.00pm = Wi Dud (NAP)
Leg 5, Musselburgh - 3.20pm = Jaconet
Leg 6, Epsom - 3.45pm = Sea the Stars
6) You can change you minds and edit your post any time up to the first race
7) Selected Non runners will revert to SP favorite unless you pick a replacement in a new post (no editing after the first race)
By the beginning of the following week everybodys scores will be added up and the winner announced. The winner will recieve a rather snazzy lucky clover icon by their name to recognise the achievment of basically being a better guesser than everyone else. They will also recieve a £10 matched Freebet to be placed that week at KenHowells* (01792 465696)
*The freebet prize is only available to existing "active" KenHowell accounts or NEW accounts.
To be defined as an "active" customer having placed £2 on the Scoop6 selections that week would qualify. (As would any common sense evaluation of it. Did you bet £10 on England to beat Croatia in the last round of World Cup Qualifiers, etc etc.)
The £10 freebet will be placed on the same selection as you qualifying £10 bet, so in effect you are getting double the odds. A £10 bet at 6s would pay £110 rather than £60.
The stake is not returned on the freebet.
To claim this prize the announced winner must PM Andy with their name, this will be passed on the KenHowells confirming you are eligible for this and then you can phone in to place it."
For an idea of roughly how the competition ran in the past see this thread:
The Competiton will be adjudicated by AmeliesDad. Any complaints/disputes shall be handled by Andy.