Arsenal believe they have won the race to sign Bosnian left-back Sead Kolasinac.
The Schalke full-back is out-of-contract in the summer and will leave on a Bosman free transfer, and he has a host of offers on the table.
AC Milan had been leading the race for the 23-year-old, who turns 24 in June, but they failed to get him to sign a pre-contract when they made their opening offer back in January.
Kolasinac’s camp knew that there was strong interest in England with Arsenal and Manchester City both keen, and offers have now arrived from the Emirates and the Etihad.
Everton have also talked terms, but realise it will be hard to fend off Arsenal and City to land him.
— afcstuff (@afcstuff) April 20, 2017
Now Arsenal sources believe they have the edge on City in the battle to sign him, with the player understood to be keen on a move to London.
“It is looking good,” a Gunners source told me about the Kolasinac situation.
When asked about the situation this week, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger denied reports that the Schalke star had already put pen-to-paper.
“Nothing, no,’ said Wenger, on the reports about Kolasinac,” he said.
“We can deny that story at the moment. Nothing has been concluded with anybody. I think it is important we do not talk about transfers.”
BetVictor currently make Arsenal 2/1 favourites ahead of CIty to land Kolasinac.