Borussia Dortmund have confirmed that Arsenal have made contact over Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
We revealed earlier this week that Dortmund were ready to listen to offers, and Arsenal have been leading the charge, with the only other interest for a move this month emanating from China.
Dortmund want over £50milion for the Gabonese striker, who is understood to be keen to make the move to The Emirates.
Now the Bundesliga giants have revealed contact with Arsenal, which followed their condemnation of Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, after he publicly confirmed his interest in the player.
Dortmund chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke told Geman newspaper Ruhr Nachrichten: “I can confirm that there has been a first enquiry from Arsenal for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.”
Arsenal are expected to step-up their efforts to land Aubameyang once the Alexis Sanchez and Henrikh Mkhitaryan deals have been finalised, which should be all done by Monday.
The Bookmakers are firmly behind Arsenal landing 28-year-old Aubameyang with PaddyPower making them 2/5 – which is just over 70% probability.
“My word, Arsene Wenger is in for one of Europe’s top strikers – just a year after he was properly good,” said spokesman. Paddy Power
“Sounds familiar, eh, Mr Lacazette? Still, it looks like Mr Wenger has finally got the hint that maybe selling Walcott and Sanchez would leave a hole in their attack. And on their bench.”